This is the essential Music Together mixed age class, one that a child can attend from birth to age five—and through all nine song collections. This basic class follows the recommendations of child development researchers, grouping children of a variety of ages in one class. This approach fosters natural, family-style learning where younger children enjoy watching and imitating older ones; older children learn by leading younger ones; and adults are happy because the children in the family can go to class together.
Each child participates at his or her own developmental level in singing, moving, chanting, listening, observing, or exploring musical instruments. We welcome the whole family to join in this important family music experience, and any caregiver—parents, grandparents, nanny—can bring the child(ren) to class.
Each semester includes:
- Weekly 45-minute classes teaching a new song collection every fall, winter and spring.
- New CDs each semester with the songs, rhythm chants, "play-alongs," tonal and rhythm patterns used in class.
- Beautifully illustrated songbook with family activities to enjoy at home.
- Parent education resources and online resources
- Music Together app for iphone or android
- PURE FUN with your child every week!
Ukulele - Private Lessons
Private Ukulele lessons are recommended after the initial group class for most children and especially for kids 7 & up.
Contact Director for scheduling and availability or discuss which option is best for your child.
50 minutes - $45 per class
Ukulele - Ages 5 & Over
Private Lessons or Group. Any class can become a group class (2 to 3 students maximum). We will try to pair children of similar age or ability. MINIMUM age is 5. Older students may prefer a private class but if we can match you up, we can create a group for any age.
Please let us know:
1. If you prefer a Private half-hour or 50-minute class. If you want a Group class we'll do our best to find a match. Group classes are 50 minutes.
2. Age of your child and if they are a beginner or have taken lessons previously.
3. Your requested days or times. If there's a day or time not listed we'll create a new class if possible. No Classes on Sunday.
Once we have this information we'll create a class and contact you directly with the Pre-registration code.
Any questions? Contact the director, Loulou at 508-369-1698 or firstname.lastname@example.org